What is Redbox?
Redbox is an entertainment company that has revolutionized the way movies are rented. Originally developed in 2002, Redbox has basically taken the movies rental industry by storm by making it extremely easy to rent movies and video games at a reasonable cost. With over 38,000 red cubicle structures (also known as kiosks) spread across major U.S cities, Redbox has no doubt become one of the most popular video rental options.
The Redbox kiosks work more or else like vending machines for movies. In these kiosks, you can easily purchase the movie or game that you want, check it out, and return it by 9.00pm the following day when you’re done. To avoid the fees incurred as a result of late return, be sure to return it on time. The machines are generally easy to use and widely available, and the movies and games are cheap to rent. You can even use redbox codes to get a free one night rental or discounted rental.
Redbox kiosks are convenient and strategically situated- you can find them in retail stores, groceries, and various convenience stores across the U.S.
Redbox 101- How to Use Redbox Kiosks
• Check out the Nearby Redbox Kiosks Online
First things first, search for the nearby Redbox locations online. Go to Redbox’s official website, Redbox.com and click “browse a location” at the top of the home page. In the Search Location menu, input your Address or zip code. A list of the Redbox kiosks near you will appear.
• Check out Your Local Redbox Kiosk
Now that you’ve found the Redbox kiosk near your area, make a visit. On the machine’s screen, you’ll find three options including;
• “Rent a DVD”
• “Online Rental Pick Up”
• “Return a DVD”
To rent a DVD, press the “Rent a DVD” button. A screen showing various movie categories will appear. Now, select the movie or game you want to rent. Upon selection, a screen with information about the movie will appear. If you’re satisfied, then press “Add to Cart”. If you want to rent more than one movie, return to the movie list and select more. Now that you’ve added the movie/movies/games to the cart, press “Check Out.” Then you’ll be asked to swipe your credit card right on the card swipe to pay for your selected movie. You’ll be asked to enter your zip code and email. A receipt will be sent to the email you’ve provided. As soon as you’re done, press “Enter” and the DVD/s you’ve purchased will pop out from the slot.
Remember to return the movies before 9.00pm the following day to avoid late fees.
Renting Redbox Movies/Games Online
Redbox’s online rental services make it easy for you to choose movies or video games right at the comfort of your home. All you have to do is go to their website, which is Redbox.com, check out the available movies, and reserve them for pickup.
How to Select Movies/Games Online
On Redbox’s homepage, click “Movies” to see which movies are available. Search according to the rating, genre, or DVD/Blu-ray options. To reserve the movie for pickup, click “Hold for Pickup DVD or “Hold for Pickup Blu-ray”- both options will appear. Click the suitable option.
Input location information when asked to. A list of Redbox kiosks will appear near the movie title you’ve selected. Then, click “Hold for Pickup” next to your convenient location. You can then go on to your local Redbox kiosk, make the payments, and collect your movie.
Redbox Movie Cost
A Redbox DVD will cost you $1.50, a Blu-ray for $2.00, and video games for $3.00. In case you return the movie/game late, your credit card will be charged another’s day fee.
Redbox Movie/Games Rentals- Pros and Cons
Check out the pros and cons of Redbox.
• Cheap Rentals- One notable thing about Redbox is that it provides cheap entertainment. It’s not easy to beat the $1.50 or $2.00 or $3.00 movie and games rental fees.
• Fast Service – The process of renting a movie or video game in Redbox is quick and simple. All you have to do is go to your nearest kiosk, select your choice, pay, and you’re good to go.
• Easy and convenient returning of movies – The beauty of Redbox is that you can easily return your rental movie in any kiosk in town. You can rent a DVD from one kiosk and return it to the other- pretty convenient, right?
• Ability to Obtain New Releases- Upon the arrival of a new movie or game, you can simply purchase it on Redbox. This means that you don’t have to wait for it to arrive at your local movie store.
• Free rental off coupon codes.
• No cashier to help you check out
• Costly late fees – you might end up paying more late fee than the actual cost of a movie.
• Pressure to Choose a Movie – Its pretty inconveniencing when trying to rent a movie, only for someone to queue right behind you. You’ll feel pressure to select a movie fast to give them their chance. You might end up not browsing all the available movies.
• It has lead to the closure of video stores – Many video stores have closed shop as many clients now prefer going to Redbox kiosks. If you love going to the video stores, this can be inconveniencing for you.
So, there you have it, everything you’ve ever needed to know about Redbox. Weigh the pros and cons and make an informed decision when selecting a movie or video game. Overall, renting movies and games on Redbox is convenient, not to mention cheap and affordable.